Lancium is seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) Operator to join our expanding team.
- Develop working knowledge of our proprietary IT tools
- Understand the Lancium products and their delivery
- Check graphs at least every 15 minutes and serve as first point of contact to identify issues
- Monitor alerts and emergencies, and identify whether any immediate emergency action is required
- Follow documentation to escalate high impact issues to the appropriate party
- Manage cabling infrastructure as directed
- Maintain general upkeep of warehouse and NOC including monitoring wall
- Perform periodic walk-through of the floor to identify any potential issues
- Provide support to NOC management and any other personnel as directed
- Other duties related to your capabilities, as needed
- Flexibility to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations; open to new ideas and procedures
- Excellent verbal communication skills- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks under pressure
- High motivation to work with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and triage workflow
- Familiarity with data center terminology and tools
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and the lifecycle of an inciden
The NOC Operator will perform work in a data center with both climate-controlled and non-climate-controlled conditions. There may be exposure to extreme temperatures, noise and vibration, and mechanical or electrical hazards. The employee will primarily work inside the NOC office.
24/7 rotating shift coverage:
- Employee work weeks cycle between day, swing, and night shifts
- Employee workdays cycle to include coverage on weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response™ for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers™ that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston. Sucessful candidates will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies.