Lancium is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Genesis II development team for our Lancium Compute Grid. The back-end team owns the entire Genesis II infrastructure, including the Global Federated File System, the job scheduling system, the job management system, the power management system, and authentication/access control.
- Implement bug-fixes and improvements to the Lancium Compute BE codebase.
- Implement bug-fixes and improvements to Lancium Compute’s legacy Python-based CLI and API library.
- Help develop Lancium Compute’s next generation scheduler.
- Work with the front-end engineering team and Business Development to specify and develop new capabilities for the Lancium Compute Grid.
- Work with the DevOps engineer and operations team to monitor application performance and diagnose issues with BE systems.
- Develop/test new test infrastructure components.
- Help document Lancium Compute BE interfaces, user guides, and tutorials.
- Extensive experience developing software in Java and at least one of the following languages: C/C++, Python.
- Familiarity with bash, Git, and Git-based workflows.
- Strong concurrency and synchronization skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and develop new functionality from basic requirements.
- Flexibility to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations; open to new ideas and procedures.
- High motivation to work with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and triage workflow.
- Familiarity with Web Services (SOAP/WSDL).
- Familiarity with software testing and CI
- Familiarity with SQL and database technologies
- Familiarity with containerization technologies
- Experience with Scientific, High-Throughput, or High-Performance Computing environments
The Software Engineer will primarily work in Lancium’s Charlottesville office.
Full-time with the possibility of occasional travel.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response™ for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers™ that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston. Sucessful candidates will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies.