Lancium is seeking a Software Engineer to join the client-facing development team for our Lancium Compute Grid. The client-facing team owns not only the web and command line interfaces into the compute grid, but also the back-end code that implements the Lancium Compute APIs.
- Implement bug-fixes and improvements to the Lancium Compute API codebase
- Implement bug-fixes and improvements to Compute’s Python-based CLI and API library
- Help develop Lancium Compute’s next generation Web UI
- Work with the back-end engineering team to spec and develop new capabilities for the Lancium Compute Grid
- Work with the DevOps engineer and operations team to monitor application performance and diagnose issues with client-facing systems.
- Help document Lancium Compute APIs via API specifications, user guides, and tutorials
- Familiarity with Git and Git-based workflows
- Proven ability to conceptualize and develop new functionality from basic requirements
- Flexibility to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations; open to new ideas and procedures
- High motivation to work with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and triage workflow
- Familiarity with REST-style APIs
- Familiarity with software testing and CI
- Familiarity with SQL and database technologies
- Familiarity with containerization technologies
- Experience with Scientific, High-Throughput, or High-Performance Computing environments
The Software Engineer will primarily work in Lancium’s Charlottesville office.
Full-time with the possibility of occasional travel.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response™ for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers™ that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston. Sucessful candidates will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies.