Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium is seeking several Commercial Project Managers to join our expanding team. We are constructing multiple power campuses in West and Panhandle Texas, and other locations in North America. A power campus consists of High Voltage (HV) connection to Transmission voltage, HV to Medium Voltage (MV) Substation, and MV to Low Voltage (LV) power distribution to inside the buildings. Each campus can have several site-constructed Data Centers or similar large loads or generation, often with varying complexity. Each campus is managing between 200 MW and 1000 MW, delivering MV electricity to our own or customer loads and balancing the operational electrical load between the need of the Grid and our customer.
The ideal Commercial Project Manager has 7 to 10 years of accounting/finance experience in construction or greenfield site construction, and MRO operating experience in site-built data centers or similar technology centers. Ideal candidates will have experience in both project management fundamentals and operations. This position will concurrently manage all commercial aspects of detailed internal projects, and interactions with groups of EPCs, OEMs, contractors and Engineering Consulting firms. This position requires personal flexibility to deliver results, by interacting at all levels of personnel within the project and operations stakeholder network.
The Project Management organization is leading and constructing the projects which are the CAPEX foundation of Lancium, with its IT departments as the internal customer, delivering the revenue milestones for a rapidly growing technology start up. The Commercial Project Manager will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies. This position has daily interaction and progress reporting to the top management of Lancium. Disciplinary reporting line will be to Leadership in the Finance department concurrent with Functional reporting to the Leadership of the Operations department.
Some occasional field travel in west Texas to be expected. While Lancium’s technical headquarters are in Northwest Houston, a home-based office may be considered.
- Responsible for, but not limited to, the financial execution of data center construction projects including creating purchase orders and setting up project WBS Elements, revenue recognition, invoicing and payment terms, maintenance of project costs, securities, taxes and insurance requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of project books and records and their compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Work closely with the Accounting/Finance department in meeting the monthly/quarterly/yearly close procedures, provide audit and tax support for responsible projects budget areas and ad hoc requests.
- Organize and maintain project reporting in compliance with internal and external stakeholders needs.
- Teamwork in assisting Project Managers in completing the assigned work scope on time, safe, within budget, and in compliance with quality requirements, and assuring the needed resources are available and have the required skill set.
- Support the Project Manager in project steering/contract negotiations, accounting, development of strategies or solutions.
- Proactively participate in the procurement and supply chain activities to requisition equipment, goods and services. Conversely, may be asked to lend commercial support to tender activities, leading commercial aspects of tender preparation up to bid submission and post bid follow up with Lancium potential customers.
- Continually assess the financial risk within a project environment and prepare mitigation plans accordingly. Timely communicate issues to Project Manager and management as to avoid surprises.
- Responsible for maintaining effective working relationships in all interpersonal communication, including compliance with the HR requirements and reporting.
- Responsible for project controlling, forecasting and reporting of financial status of project and portfolio financial reporting
- Work with internal departments and external contractors to proactively create and advance the completion of project financial milestones
- Ability to create and utilize lesson learned to improve the company’s financial models to seek long term opportunity for lower costs across the project portfolio.
- Participate in development of company tools, documentation, and procedures with specific attention to transitioning the project from construction phase to MRO operation over the life cycle of the facility.
- Responsible to update progress in weekly structured meetings
- Establish and work with a departmental budget
- Supervise any direct reports and provide proactive collaboration across the company.
- At times may be asked to resolve conflict within teams or discuss confrontational issues internally or externally in a professional manner.
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Experience in commercial aspects of execution and controlling of (construction) projects
- Familiar with common forms and commercial requirements of construction and engineering contracting.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and IFRS and strong skills in ERP applications
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft applications, and often with daily video conferencing
- Best-in-class verbal and written communication skills.
- Work independently, capable at multitasking and meeting deadlines; great team player and open to new ideas
- Ability to communicate, build relationships, and achieve buy-in with all levels of the organization
- Ability to complete the pre-employment process and able to work in the United States.
- Ability to work very effectively without direct daily supervision
- Seven to ten years previous commercial project management experience
- CPA, MBA, PMI certification are considered a plus
- Experience in the crafting, teaching, and sharing of process and knowledge transfer.
- Wide knowledge of various ERP systems or having participated in a tool selection process.
- Working knowledge of electrical substation, energy and utility sector projects.
- Knowledge of construction law not required but helpful.
The Commercial Project Manager will work at a Lancium office location, with occasional travel to construction sites at various data centers, and may experience both climate-controlled and non-climate-controlled conditions where they may be exposed to extreme temperatures, noise, vibration, and mechanical or electrical hazards (HV/MV/LV), or plant and animal hazards.
Full-time with approximately 5-10% travel. Monday to Friday schedule, and as mutually agreed when a project requires more time. Partial remote work as workload allows.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response™ for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers™ that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston. Sucessful candidates will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies.