Lancium is seeking a Corporate Controller to manage and support our team’s continued growth and best-in-class processes that will touch many parts of the business, including accounting, treasury, payroll, tax functions and people management.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this individual will be responsible for directing the accounting activities of the Company. The candidate will possess a solid knowledge of US GAAP principles, as well as a background in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and financial operations. The candidate will also possess management and team leadership skills. This individual will help drive the growth of the finance department, and challenge the status quo from both an operational and team perspective. You will play a critical role in ensuring we continue building a world-class accounting function while partnering across the business to ensure our systems and processes are running smoothly. Our goal is to be scalable as we push towards global best-in-class operations.
- Lead, support, and develop the accounting team while driving efficiency & automation to keep up with the demands of our high-growth business.
- Oversee the monthly financial close process. Own the GL and recording of all business transactions, including analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, while ensuring compliance with US GAAP, local accounting requirements and internal policies.
- Enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency of the Controllership organization
- Responsible for SOX compliance activities, including developing and executing internal controls.
- Streamline, maintain & improve processes and internal controls.
- Responsible for annual external audit preparation and oversight.
- Work across internal audit, IT, tax, treasury, legal and other areas.
- Team leadership through active recruiting and managing of talent including, motivating, coaching, training and mentoring team members.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller or Director of Accounting, ideally within both private and public company contexts
- Active CPA or equivalent required.
- Strong knowledge and leadership of accounting operations. Proven experience building, developing, mentoring, and inspiring a high performing team.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, able to communicate complex concepts and risk factors to stakeholders and influence decision making.
- Experienced business partner, skilled in building trust and inspiring others while ramping up in a new business and role in a complex environment.
- Strong ERP systems experience, preferably in Netsuite
- Experience with other tools and software as relevant
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response™ for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers™ that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston. Sucessful candidates will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies.