Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium is seeking several Project-Engineer/Project-Managers to join our expanding team. We are constructing power campuses in west Texas, and other locations in North America. A power campus consists of High Voltage (HV) connection to Transmission voltage, HV to Medium Voltage (MV) Substation, and MV to Low Voltage (LV) power distribution to inside the Data Center. Each campus can have several Data Centers or similar large loads or generation, often with varying complexity. Each campus is managing between 200 MW and 1000 MW, delivering MV electricity to our own or customer loads and balancing the operational electrical load between the need of the Grid and our customer.
The ideal Project-Engineer/Project-Manager has 10 to 15 years in HV/MV/LV electrical power construction, greenfield site construction, and MRO operating experience in site-built data centers or similar technology centers. Ideal candidates will have experience in both project management and project engineering. This position will concurrently manage both detailed internal projects, and groups of EPC contractors and Engineering Consulting firms. This position requires personal flexibility to deliver results, by utilizing labor pools that will vary from certified professionals to non-certified temporary laborers.
This position is not an IT position, instead it provides the opportunity to lead and construct the projects which are the CAPEX foundation of Lancium. The execution teams’ internal customer is the Lancium IT departments who are delivering the revenue milestones for our rapidly growing technology start up. The Project-Engineer/Project-Manager will join a dynamic company with room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies. This position has daily interaction and progress reporting to the top management of Lancium.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston but extensive field travel in west Texas is required. A project site is best located in areas of high concentration of wind and solar generation. Currently this area is east of a line between Fort Stockton and Amarillo, and west of line between Fredericksburg and Wichita Falls. A project site will be remote, but may generally be within 100 miles of a larger city such as Lubbock, Midland, Abilene, San Angelo, Junction, or Childress. A future regional office in west Texas is being considered, so qualified applicants living in the region should apply.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and codes.
- Proactively support and enforce the Environmental, Safety, and Health regulations.
- Organize and maintain project reporting in compliance with internal and external stakeholders needs.
- Complete the assigned work scope on time, safely, within budget, in compliance with quality requirements, and assuring the needed resources are available and have the required skill set.
- Continually assess the risk within a project environment and prepare mitigation plans accordingly.
- Responsible for maintaining effective working relationships in all interpersonal communication, including compliance with the HR requirements and reporting.
- Responsible for timely daily review and recommendation of project engineering and project management documentation
- Work with internal departments and external contractors to proactively create and advance the completion of project milestones
- Ability to create and utilize lesson learned to improve the company’s standards and designs, and find long term opportunities to lower costs and deliver faster execution.
- Participate in development of company documentation and procedures, with specific attention to transitioning the project from construction phase to MRO operation for the life-cycle of the facility.
- Responsible to update progress in weekly structured meetings
- Establish and work with a departmental budget
- Supervise any direct reports and provide proactive collaboration across the company.
- At times may be asked to resolve conflict within teams or discuss confrontational issues internally or externally in a professional manner.
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft and Google Suite applications, and often with daily video conferencing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and schedules in parallel.
- Knowledge of scheduling software such as Primavera, MS Project or Smartsheet.
- Able to identify deliverables and commercial issues by reviewing project information, and working with execution team members to develop most effective execution model, including aspects of Project Change Management.
- May at times may be trusted to make decisions based on vague sets of information, lack of information and ambiguity with best professional judgement to achieve project success, never compromising safety.
- Best-in-class verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of all codes and regulations associated with Campus construction activities
- Familiar with common forms and commercial requirements of construction and engineering contracting, and able to create budgets for new work.
- Ability to communicate, build relationships, and achieve buy-in with all levels of the organization
- Ability to complete the pre-employment process and able to work in the United States.
- Ability to work very effectively without direct daily supervision
- Ten to Fifteen Years previous electrical power engineering and project management experience
- PMI PMP Certification for Project Management
- Professional Engineering Certification
- Demonstrated success in the feedback loop of communicating execution experience into future project conceptual efforts.
- Site Management, Field service and/or Commissioning background a plus
- Working knowledge of Electrical Substation Protection and Control concepts are preferred.
- Knowledge of Construction Law not required but helpful.
The DevOps Engineer will primarily work in Lancium’s Charlottesville office but the position does require travel to Lancium’s Houston Operations Center along with remote data center locations. Work locations may include data centers with both climate-controlled and non-climate-controlled conditions. There may be exposure to extreme temperatures, noise and vibration, and mechanical or electrical hazards.
Full-time. Monday to Friday schedule, and as mutually agreed when a project requires more time. Work in Houston HQ, future West Texas HQ office, remote by project sites or local office.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response™ for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers™ that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston. Sucessful candidates will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies.