Lancium is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources to join our expanding team. Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
VP of HR will have an immediate impact on streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management and communicating priorities between departments for a fast-growing startup company. The role is based in Houston and leads a lean, high-performance Human Resource team.
- Partner and collaborate with business leaders, including Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Legal to achieve overall organizational objectives and strategic alignment
- Provide guidance to CEO and other executive team members on leadership employee relations issues.
- Work with management to define employee development needs in order to implement talent and development plans and programs to meet the organization's strategic goals and objectives
- Manage the development and administration of the company’s staffing budgets and related business plans
- Manage regulatory compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Refine and develop HR policies as needed and drive HR initiatives
- Support organizational design planning
- Serve as a key leader of our executive team
- Develop and implement innovative workforce and workplace strategies and practices to support Lancium’s rapid growth, leveraging technology solutions to create greater efficiencies, connections and collaborations
- Partner with our business leaders to assess their team capabilities: identify competencies and talent gaps, recommend employee development resources; support talent assessment, hiring and succession planning
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team to bring HR expertise to help drive strategic growth plans and objectives across the organization
- Build, develop and lead HR and Talent teams
- Be a trusted advisor to both managers and employees and provide leadership on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including performance management, employee relations, compliance, etc.
- Continue to refine roles and responsibilities of all functions to ensure optimal business growth and collaboration as well as performance expectations
- Deliver high quality, proactive HR consultation that enables the attainment of strategic business goals and critical initiatives that support company growth objectives
- Coach team and managers regularly on management best practices
- Bring in your knowledge of your peers (our customers) to help craft product strategy, think critically about customer needs, and inform the overall business strategy
- Strategize and implement an approach to reinvent the workplace, offices, and remote working as well as the appropriate workforce approaches to deliver on the business needs
- Minimum 15 years of relevant and progressive experience across all facets of HR including compensation & benefits, staffing & recruiting
- Executive presence with excellent communications and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines; execution focused
- Experience managing complex employee relations issues, as well as negotiating with vendors, contractors
- Experience managing a team of HR professionals
- Experience as a senior HR professional, supporting a small or mid-size business unit or mid-market entity, including experience serving as an advisor to the executive team
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Ability to think strategically and translate into operational plans to make things happen
- Ability to influence various stakeholders (such as Executive team, Business Leaders, and broader employee population) through strong communication skills as a subject matter expert
- A strong knowledge of best practice processes for workforce management, including but not limited to performance planning and expectations, employee and management coaching, remote workforce strategies, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong foundation in business fundamentals, measurement, and accompanying metrics
- Functional experience in compensation and leadership and development programs
- Deep knowledge of State/Federal employment law across the US; prior experience working with a global business
- Experience in strategic approaches to employment and workers, leveraging part time, contract, freelance in order to meet the business needs
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment while maintaining professionalism, confidentiality, and composure
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Lancium is a technology company creating software and technical solutions that enable the faster growth of renewable energy. Our products include Lancium Smart Response™ for server power management, the Lancium Compute Platform for high throughput computing applications and Lancium Clean Compute Centers™ that absorb excess renewable energy. These solutions help ensure that renewable energy can power our future.
Lancium’s technical headquarters are located in Northwest Houston. Sucessful candidates will join a dynamic company with considerable room for advancement as the company expands into new markets and geographies.